Which brings me to a terrific story of creativity that I came across this evening. In the UK, a 7-year-old named Kieron Williamson dreams of becoming Monet or Seago rather than a soccer star. And even at such a young age, this amazing child is well on his way to realizing that dream! His paintings are utterly amazing! He has actually sold several of them for quite a large sum, but paints for sheer enjoyment. He even offered tips on landscape painting:
- "Go on holiday where you really want to go and be inspired."
- "Start with acrylics, then watercolors, then pastels, and then oils."
- When you set out to do a landscape, "start with the sky first, top to bottom."
- "When you do distance it's lighter and when you do foreground it comes lighter."
- "If you're doing a figure in the winter, do a brown head, leave a small gap, do a blue jacket and brown legs. Then with the gap, get a red pastel do a flick of red so it looks like a scarf."
- "Keep on painting."