Sunday, October 11, 2009

About My Blog . . .

I've always been a creative person ... a crafter ... a needleworker. My family calls me a Martha Stewart "wannabe." And yes, my fantasy is to live a life where each day is spent in creative, artistic pursuits, that somehow, put food on the table and pay the bills. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm lucky enough to have a job that I truly love and am challenged by, so i would be very happy to just spend my freetime being creative. The trouble is that for the past 7 months (and for the next 11 months or so), I have been and will be working on my MBA. It's an accelerated program, so in addition to working full-time and trying to manage my marriage and house along with schoolwork, you can imagine that my freetime has virtually disappeared.
Now, I fantasize about crafting! I collect craft ideas and patterns like others collect recipes! I have so many new "friends" on Facebook who are creative crafters and they inspire me with their art! I plan and dream about my "crafting corner" in our spare bedroom (aka "the Library") and the time I will be able to spend there after I graduate next July.
So, I decided to write this blog as a way of expressing myself, my frustrations at (temporarily) losing this part of myself, and the realization of just how important creativity is to my spirit and to my soul. I'll wite about the ways that I find to live through this self-imposed (I did choose to get my MBA at this point in my life) creative downtime, and how I am preparing to release myself again into what I hope will be a new level of creative freedom and self-expression next year!
I hope that you'll join me on my journey of self-discovery and growth, and share your thoughts, suggestions, and ideas with me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment